pages

Image Map

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Placemat turned organizer.

I made some of these super cute organizers for my girls at church.  We have a new curriculum for Sunday meetings this year and as I have prepared my lessons I have thought about how helpful it would be if the girls had a notebook each Sunday so they could write their thoughts during the lesson.  Also, how great it would be to have a spot to put all the handouts and booklets the church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) supplies us with.

I think they turned out so cute--and were so easy to make! By the end I could complete one in 10 minutes!  Can't beat that!



Find a placemat.  I actually had a tough time locating some of these--went to three different stores with no luck!  I'm sure if I had had more patience and time I could have tracked some down (Shopko, Ross, Tuesday Mornings would have all been good places to check), but luckily for me my mom had some laying around that I bought off her. Whew--no more carting children in and out of stores!


These are just regular sized, cotton, quilted placemats.  Nothing fancy--but cute!


First off, I measured how tall I wanted my organizer to be by placing my book on top. Fold over the bottom and sew up each side to make it stay folded.





I then found the middle by folding the placemat in half. Sew.



Then I just made pockets the same way.  I measured against my notebook and made two large spots and two smaller ones. Easy.

Lastly, I flipped the whole thing over and sewed on my ribbon--down the middle and on two of the sides.



Fold up and tie together! Wha-la!  Easy--peasy!









Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment