pages

Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lessons Learned


...The amazing moment when you realize how much you appreciate your 4 year old...

 If you're a mom, you will spend your day reminding your children; let's be nice, we need to talk nice, no hitting, eat all your food, no treats till after lunch, pick that up, pick this up, stay out of there, please share, what not to say, how to act in certain places, seat belts, get down from there, keep your feet on the floor, go get dressed, how to be soft, let your brother play, NO, calm down, eat in the kitchen, Good job, try again, don't give up, say please and thank you, YES, you did it, give me loves, its ok,
I love you!

Although this is only some of the things we teach our kids everyday- the one I want to focus on is
 "we need to talk nice"

Everyday we may become overwhelmed with the tasks that come with raising our kids and I will  have to sadly admit- ...I sometimes yell at my kids... Sometimes I feel like it's the only way to get their attention. They seem to ignore me until I raise my voice a little more- 

Well, it's that special moment in life when your children teach you a thing or two! 

When my little boy climbed out of his bed 15+ plus times last night and I had to keep going in there to put him back in (because he shares a room with my 4 year old and keeps him up when this happens) and each time he would laugh at me like it was a game I can honestly say my blood was boiling... when I started to get upset my sweet little 4 year old said "Mom, remember we need to talk nice!"

Although these are such humbling experiences- and at first I feel a bit stupid for being a bad example, I am happy to say that this is actually a great thing! Although I am the one that had to falter in his eyes, I am also the one that taught him that we do in fact need to talk nice and he has actually learned something- But I have learned something bigger! 

Take a moment to notice the lessons learned from your children and know these are great things! 
While you are working your buns off to teach your children, this is proof- they ARE listening! ;) 
Even when day to day life makes you think otherwise!

 
(notice the precious moments)

No comments:

Post a Comment