pages

Image Map

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Alphabet Roads

Alphabet Letter Roads
Looking for something to entertain those little boys (or girls) of yours?  I have just the thing!
Now that Preschool is in full swing again, I am always looking for new ideas to share with the children for each center (writing, art, science...).  I came upon THESE a while ago, made them for my nephew for Christmas and never got around to making my own.  Well today I finally did it.  They are so perfect!  Coming from a preschool side of things, out of all of the centers in a preschool classroom Language and Literacy are by far the least favorite.  On a good day, maybe 2 children will show up there and actually try what you have put out.  That's what makes this activity perfect for boys AND girls.  Grab a few toy cars and spread out the letters and let them "drive" the cars in the shape of the letters.  Don't think this is very educational?  Guess again.  Trust me your child is not going to learn how to read before they can recognize letters and this is perfect for that!  Even if they are not getting it at first, at least they are trying something new and learning in the process.  They are so easy also.  Click HERE to print them off.  You can print them on white or black paper, there are uppercase and lower case, numbers, and shapes.  All for FREE! :)  Try them out, let me know what you think! 



No comments:

Post a Comment