pages

Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pillow Fight!

I have a birthday at my house in 2 weeks.  My *almost* two year old LOVES to have pillow fights, so when I saw these on Pinterest I just knew I had to make them!

All I had to go off of was this picture. I couldn't find an actual tutorial or link anywhere, so I just mostly winged it.  I think they turned out pretty cute--for pillows on a FREE budget, that is! :)  They are not as clean and crisp as the above pillows, but I didn't have access to screen printing, nor did I want to spend hours.  I'm happy with my 'hacked' version! 



There was really nothing to these.  I pulled out some old muslin I had lying around and freehand drew swords and the various weapons.  I used regular tole paints to paint the images on, then cut them out, sewed, and stuffed.  I finished them up with a little bit of hand stitching and threw them in the dryer to set the paint and fluff the pillows.  Pretty cute! I think my little guy is going to love them!









*Side note...If I were doing this again, I would have been more careful to leave more white space around my swords.  I really like how there is an inch or more on the Pinterest picture. I wish mine had more white edging.




No comments:

Post a Comment