pages

Image Map

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Orange Chicken

 Okay I know I say this about every recipe but this is seriously the best orange chicken you will ever have.  I started making this a few years ago and have now mastered it! This is one you HAVE to try at least once, I promise you wont be disappointed.  Side note, I am not a fan of orange chicken at Chinese restaurants at all, they are to spicy for me and just taste funny.  These are not spicy at all and taste nothing like nasty restaurant orange chicken!
This recipe is perfect for an evening at home, you could even get someone to help you make it, which makes it a lot easier and is much more fun that way!

Ready for this awesomeness? Here it is:

3lbs Chicken breast (or however much you are making, I always do more because I am always making this for a ton of people at one time...)
Defrost the chicken then cut them into small squares 
Drop the cut up chicken and put it in a bowl with 1-2 beaten egg
After dipping chicken pieces in the egg, shake chicken in a bag of:
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 C corn starch
1/2 C flour
**I always double this because I like more breading.  Another trick I have learned over the years... After you cut up the chicken and put it in the bag with the flour/corn starch don't mix it up right away.  Put as much chicken in the bag before you shake it, this way the beading will cover it all without getting all nasty and used right away.  The less times you have to shake up the chicken the better they will be breaded. 

 You don't have to do multiple bags... Like I said I was making a ton!
 See how nicely breaded these are? :)
 Brown floured chicken in oil (any type will work we just like to use Coconut Oil) and place in baking dish (spray it before hand).  Remember don't eat the chicken, its still raw!

Combine all your ingredient for the sauce
 Next you are going to make the orange sauce:
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C chicken broth
1/4 C catsup
2T soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
Combine it all in sauce pan, stirring occasionally (using a whisk works best)

Cook it until it comes to a boil
 Pour sauce over chicken.  Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.  Stir halfway through.
Serve over rice and ENJOY!!
 
That easy! Let us know how it turns out but I should warn you, once you have this you wont be able to stop making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment